As much as we all would like to say that we never give into mindless eating, this is probably false for many of us. At least I know this to be true for me. Sometimes there's nothing more that I want to do than to load up on snacks and curl up on my couch in front of the comforting glow of Netflix. And when this urge strikes, nine times out of ten, I act on it.
However, my munchie haul these days looks a lot different from my earlier years. After one too many Oreo hangovers, I decided that it was time to up my snacking game. Now I aim for Paleo-ish snacks with real food ingredients. Below I've listed out a few of my favorites.
1. If you are craving Cheetos, try...Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs
Made out of a blend of cassava, coconut, sweet potato and coconut oil, these will nourish your body while simultaneously quenching your hunger for something salty and crunchy.
2. If you are craving a sugar cookie, try...Bulletproof Collagen Bars in "Vanilla Shortbread" flavor
Sweet, chewy and filled with a combo of healthy fats and collagen, these babies will dull your ache for fresh sugar cookies without the sugar crash.
3. If you are craving something chocolatey, try...Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups
Made with a handful of organic real food ingredients including cacao, coconut and cacao butter, these coconut butter cups are decadent for the taste buds and good for the body.
4. If you are craving something creamy, try...COYO Yogurt
This dairy-free yogurt alternative is made from coconut cream and probiotic cultures and mimics the thick and creamy taste of a traditional Greek yogurt.
5. If you're craving a box of Cheez-Its, try...Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers Farmhouse Cheddar
While the cheese in these technically disqualifies them from the Paleo category, the use of nut & seed flour, cassava and herbs as the base ingredients for these crackers make for a snack choice that is both a nutritionally sound and satisfying swap for a bowl of Cheez-Its.